As of 1 August we are in vacancy as Rosie has formally retired from the Parish. We didn’t appoint wardens at the APCM so we are being led by the PCC and a group of volunteers guiding the process. More detail of this are available here.
First on the to do list is to make an outline of how we see ourselves in a year, two years and five years. A small group is exploring a strategy which we will present at two open meetings in Church on
* Monday 13 September at 2pm; and
* Tuesday 28 September at 7.30pm.
This is everyone's chance to say what they are looking for in the Parish and in a new Vicar.
You can also have your say by replying to the following consultation questions. We ask that you crystallise your thoughts into just one-word answers, ideally after you have discussed your thoughts with others both privately and if possible at the open meetings, if you can attend .
The four questions which we had agreed on are as follows:
1. In your experience, what does the church in Great Missenden do really well?
2. Where do you see the church making a difference in the wider community?
3. What sort of church do you think God wants us to be in three years’ time?
4. What are the qualities most needed in our new vicar to equip us to be the church God wants us to be in future?
If you are unable to attend, please return your answers to the Parish Office at 2 Walnut Close, Great Missenden, HP16 9AL or email them to email@example.com